Future journalists, here’s a great way to get clips for your portfolio in a national outlet. USA TODAY’s Collegiate Correspondent Program is accepting applications until March 30. Open to all all majors, the student must be enrolled in either a four year or two year institution. A stipend is provided.
Content produced by all correspondents will appear across all USA TODAY and Gannett platforms, including mobile and tablet.
They are seeking correspondents for three different correspondent programs in summer 2015:
Writing Correspondent: Those that are chosen to participate in the writing program will pitch, research and write weekly stories. Learn more about the program here.
Visual Correspondent: Those that are chosen to participate in the visual program will pitch, research and produce weekly stories. Learn more about the program here.
Study Abroad Correspondent: Those that are chosen to participate in the study abroad correspondent program will pitch, research and write bi-weekly stories centered around study abroad topics. Correspondents will also be expected to cover any hard news occurring in their city/country, if applicable. Learn more about the program here.
Email any questions.
- March 16 – March 30: Application is open
- April 3: Notification to those moving to second round of application process
- April 10: Notification to those selected for final round of application process
- April 13-17: Correspondent Interviews
- April 20: Summer 2015 Collegiate Correspondents notified & Contributing Writer Program invitations issued
- May 4: Program begins
- August 21: Program ends