College sophomores and juniors looking to change the world one news story at a time through broadcast / digital journalism, or marketing, are eligible to apply for The Sinclair Broadcast Diversity Scholarship Fund. The Fund awards up to 10 scholarships of up to $5,000 to students from under-represented minority groups who need financial assistance to complete their education.
To be eligible, students must be:
• A U.S. citizen
• Must have a tie to one of these five states: California, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington. (Applicants must either be enrolled at a four-year undergraduate college or university in one of those states OR their permanent address must be within one of those states if their school is outside of that region)
• A current college sophomore or junior at a four-year undergraduate college or university (scholarships will be applied to applicant’s junior or senior year, respectively)
• A member of a minority ethnicity;
• Studying in the areas of broadcasting, journalism, or marketing; and
• Carrying a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (or its equivalent) at the time of application.
The deadline to apply is March 28, 2021.