This sounds like a great opportunity for business-minded high school students. Rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students are eligible to apply for the Riordan Scholars Program. They should be college-bound and interested in developing the necessary leadership skills to succeed in college and business.
The program runs from September 2016 through May 2017 and includes:
- Eight Saturday sessions
- Human resources and organizational behavior case study overviews led by UCLA Anderson faculty
- Team-based exploration of the stock market
- A real estate competition focusing on communities in Los Angeles
- Guest speakers from top industry leaders
- SAT preparatory workshops for 10th and 11th grade Scholars
- Personal mentors
- Professional development seminars that include résumé writing, interviewing techniques and networking workshops
*ALL of the above is provided on a tuition FREE basis to Riordan Scholars!!!
The Riordan Scholars Program will also offer a select number of participants the opportunity to visit northern California during the annual college tour. During the Northern CA College Tour, students visit the campuses of University of California, Berkeley and Stanford University. Scholars are able to meet with campus officials and current undergraduates from each school to learn about the admissions process, course availability, housing options, and life on campus.
To be eligible, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior in high school by the start of the program.
- Have a strong academic record (“B” average or better).
- Demonstrated leadership skills and active involvement at school and in the community.
- First generation college student.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of business not required.
Applications are due May 13, 2016. Decisions will be emailed by August 5, 2016.