Having a mentor can be invaluable, especially when navigating an ever changing educational and career landscape. You want someone with boots on the ground to help you understand your options. The Riordan Scholars Program offers rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students mentorship by current UCLA Anderson MBA students.
Over the course of eight monthly Saturday sessions, students will receive:
- SAT prep workshops
- Guest lectures from top leaders in corporate and academic communities
- Personalized College Action Plan counseling
- College application and financial aid workshops
- Leadership development seminars
- Site visits to companies such as Goldman Sachs, Google and Airbnb.
The free program also supplies a Continental breakfast and lunch as well as transportation from selected schools within the Los Angeles Unified School District to the monthly sessions.
In order to be eligible, students should be a first generation college student, have a minimum 3.0 GPA, show leadership skills, and be actively involved at school and in the community.
The deadline to apply is May 1, 2020.