Here’s an amazing summer opportunity for students looking to pursue careers as a pharmacist. Howard University’s High School Summer Enrichment Science Academy is for 20 rising 11th and 12th graders who have shown an interest in the sciences, a career in pharmacy or other health professions. The 6-week residential program runs from June 20 – August 1, 2015 and all costs are covered by the program (it’s FREE!) except for travel to Howard University.
Eligibility requirements include:
• High School Students who will enter the 11th or 12th grade in the Fall of 2015
• Student must be in a college preparatory curriculum in their respective High School.
• Students must have taken and passed two courses in high school English with a C or better.
• Students must have taken and passed biology or chemistry and a mathematics course with a C or better.
• Students must have a cumulative 3.00 Grade Point Average.
• Students who are underrepresented minorities and/or financially disadvantaged will be given priority.
• Preference will be given to students who reside in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia.
• A favorable interview with COE personnel is required for all competitive applicants with a complete application.
Once selected, students can expect to be in classes (Biology, Chemistry, Medical Terminology, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Career Exposure in clinical settings) from 8 – 4:30 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and on Tuesdays and Thursdays in their Clinical Hospital Sites between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Weeknights include scheduled tutorials and on weekends mandatory science and community focused excursions.
The deadline to apply is March 8, 2015 (a current unofficial transcript needs to be submitted with the application). Competitive applicants with complete application materials will be contacted for a face-to-face interview scheduled to be conducted April 6-24, 2015.