If UC Berkeley is your student’s dream school, Experience Berkeley is a free 6-month program that provides Black, Latino, & Native American high school juniors with mentors, tools, and resources to complete a competitive UC college application and the opportunity to get a close, personal look at UC Berkeley. For transfer students, the program is a semester long.
The program, facilitated by Stiles Hall, offers one-on-one and group mentorship, virtual workshops, and support with their application, among other resources.
To be eligible, high school students must:
- Attend a high school in California for more than a year
- Self-identify as Black, Latino, Native American, and/or Pacific Islander
- Be in their junior year of high school
- Must consider UC Berkeley among their top 3 college choices
- Identify as 1st generation and/or low-income
- Have an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
For transfer students, they must:
- Be ready to submit a UC Application for Fall 2022
- Have requirements completed by Spring 2022
- Self-identify as Black/African-American, Latinx, Native American, and/or Pacific Islander (Polynesian, Micronesian, and Melanesian)
- Have a minimum of a 3.0 to apply (3.5 and above preferred)
- Attend a California Community college
Deadline to apply for high school students is April 30, 2021, and for transfer students, the deadline is April 23, 2021.